Maintenance diet beneficial for otherwise healthy Low-Fat Kangaroo MAINT™ canine dry and wet diets contain a limited number of highly
digestible, low fat ingredients that provide a nutrient profile that is appropriate both for fat intolerant diseases and suspected adverse reactions to food. Inclusion of low fat kangaroo and low fat sweet potato results in a nutritionally complete novel protein diet that is one of the lowest fat therapeutic diets available. Antioxidants in
the sweet potato help support the immune system, while the optimal blend of fibre and inclusion of prebiotics (FOS) help maintain gastrointestinal health. Moderate phosphorus content facilitates use in allergic patients with concurrent IRIS stage 1 and 2 renal disease.
Features: Low fat
• Novel protein source
• No animal fat, corn, or grain (potential allergen sources)
• Moderate phosphorus content (< 2 g/ 1000 kcal - dry diet).
• High palatability
• High quality protein for lean body mass
• High digestibility
• Optimal blend of fibre maintains
• Added prebiotics (fructooligosaccharides)
• Adverse reactions to food (dermatologic
• Acute and chronic pancreatitis
• Acute gastroenteritis
• Protein losing enteropathies (PLE) and lymphangectasia
• Gall bladder diseases, including mucocele
• Patients with allergic or fat intolerant disease with concurrent IRIS stage 1-2 non-proteinuric renal disease (dry diet)
Kangaroo, dried chickpeas, dried potatoes, pea protein, potato protein, dried peas, dried sweet potatoes, natural flavor, sunflower oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), coconut oil, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, salt, fructooligosacchides, vitamins (vitamin E supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, vitamin A acetate, biotin, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, vitamin D3 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride,
folic acid), choline chloride, minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, managanous oxide,
copper sulfate, iron amino acid chelate, zinc amino acid chelate, manganese amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate, ethylenediamine dihydriodine), mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, taurine.